Snargle

My bookies

I've liked and love a lot of books. And these are some of them.

Wired for Story: The Writer's Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence - Lisa Cron Want to know why humans are so interested in stories, why we get a hug kick when we find out what's going to happen next? This book will help you figure out why stories are important, and it'll show you how you can keep this in mind when you work on your own stories.

I'm editing one book and working on another, and Wired For Story has helped in both of these projects. The author's suggestions have helped me get rid of passages and sentences that don't work for the book, even if they were something I loved. And when I work on my next book these suggestions help me keep focused on moving the story along, and not flying off into digression land.

I absolutely love this book. My copy is filled with sticky tags of all the interesting places that I wanted to look at later.

Highly recommended to any writer who wants a new insight into the writing process, and how they can help tell stories worth reading!